Five Fabulous Vintage Dresses of the 1950s•
Posted on April 17 2014
I'll let the pictures do the talking on this one...
1. Audrey Hepburn accepted her 1954 Oscar for Roman Holiday wearing this floral patterned belted dress by Hubert de Givenchy.
2. A very young Elizabeth Taylor in a beautiful evening dress made of gold silk.
3. Two for the price of one next! Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell looking so stunning in halter neck dresses. They were invited by Grauman’s Chinese Theatre to place their hand and footprints in the theatre’s famed cement forecourt in 1953. I.NEED.THESE.SHOES. - Both pairs please :)
4. Doris Day in a red shirt dress - not sure of the date but it HAS to be 1950s. Love a bit of Doris ❤.
5. Bettie Page in a striped wiggle dress. I must say it was very hard to find a picture of Bettie fully clothed. She was a saucy one wasn't she?!
Until next time
Dressing for a Pear...
Dressing for a Pear Shape Body - Vintage StyleRead More
Flattering Vintage ...
See our list of flattering vintage inspired dresses to suit each body type and shape!Read More
Why don't you stock...
This is a question I get asked frequently and it is a fair and important question. I feel terrible that I am not able to offer a full range of siz...Read More