Five Fabulous Dresses of the 1950s•
Posted on April 17 2014
I'll let the pictures do the talking on this one...
1. Audrey Hepburn accepted her 1954 Oscar for Roman Holiday wearing this floral patterned belted dress by Hubert de Givenchy.
2. A very young Elizabeth Taylor in a beautiful evening dress made of gold silk.
3. Two for the price of one next! Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell looking so stunning in halter neck dresses. They were invited by Grauman’s Chinese Theatre to place their hand and footprints in the theatre’s famed cement forecourt in 1953. I.NEED.THESE.SHOES. - Both pairs please :)
4. Doris Day in a red shirt dress - not sure of the date but it HAS to be 1950s. Love a bit of Doris ❤.
5. Bettie Page in a striped wiggle dress. I must say it was very hard to find a picture of Bettie fully clothed. She was a saucy one wasn't she?!
Until next time
Why don't you stock...
This is a question I get asked frequently and it is a very very fair and important question. I feel terrible that I am not able to offer a full ra...Read More
To wear a petticoat...
I don't know about you but I am partial to a bit of on-line shopping but it is a risk and a gamble and there is nothing quite like trying on clothi...Read More
Vintage Inspired Br...
Remember when bridesmaids always seemed to end up in some big puffy peach monstrosity? ! Well times have changed and weddings are much more about ...Read More