❤ Five Fabulous Dresses of the Fifties ❤
Posted: Apr 17 2014
I'll let the pictures do the talking on this one...
1. Audrey Hepburn accepted her 1954 Oscar for Roman Holiday wearing this floral patterned belted dress by Hubert de Givenchy. We have lots of Audrey inspired dresses on the website so you can get this look too
2. A very young Elizabeth Taylor in a beautiful evening dress made of gold silk. This style is a bit like our Ophelia dress.
3. Two for the price of one next! Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell looking so stunning in halter neck dresses. They were invited by Grauman’s Chinese Theatre to place their hand and footprints in the theatre’s famed cement forecourt in 1953. I.NEED.THESE.SHOES. - Both pairs please :)
4. Doris Day in a red shirt dress - not sure of the date but it HAS to be 1950s. Love a bit of Doris ❤. We have this shirt style dress at the moment.
5. Bettie Page in a striped wiggle dress. I must say it was very hard to find a picture of Bettie fully clothed. She was a saucy one wasn't she?! We don't have any stripes in the shop at the moment but we do have a new wiggle dress just in!
Until next time